Relationship Reflection


Relationship Quote

This blog is dedicated to the meaningful relationships in my life.   As I think about why relationships are important to me, I think about my current and past relationships.  My relationship with my family, my friends/coworkers, and the love of my life, which are the most special and meaningful.
  
While I was growing up,  I grew up in a Dominican household where we celebrated the good the bad and the ugly.  I grew up with mostly women in my life.  These women are the ladies that paved the way for me.  They taught me value, respect and dignity.  They all made a difference in my life.  My mother and I did not always have a solid relationship.  I have a closer relationship with my mother now that I am older, I can better understand and sympathize with her on a higher level than when I was younger.  I love you Mami. Te quiero Mami. XOXO

I have a great relationship with my brothers, they are my rock.  I would not know where I would be without them.  I also am very close with my female cousins, they are the sisters I never had, there is  a phase in Spanish "Prima Hermanas" which translates into "Sister Cousins", which is exactly what we are. We celebrate each others accomplishments and are there if you need a shoulder to cry on.  I love each and every single one of ya'll.  XOXO

 I have had the same girlfriends since grade school.  We have been seen each other grow and become the women we are today.  We have been through each others first day of our menstrual cycle, to baring children, and being our best friend bridesmaids.  We all have a different walks of life, we agree to disagree, while still supporting one another.  Some of us have moved, got married and had children.  We might not speak everyday or in months but when we do its like we just spoke yesterday.  I love them dearly. My Traveling Pants of SisterHood.  I Love my B$*%$#S!!

My coworkers my workplace is like my second home. This is my second year at this Head Start.  We are a small center with 16 employees thats including the grandmothers, and the cook.  With only one male in the building there is a lot of estrogen in the air, you can just image how it might be on a full moon (lol), but all jokes aside we are a loving and caring team.  We are there to support, and help one another.  Thank you ladies for making me feel right at home. XOXO

I have been with my current boyfriend for four years now, we have known each other for five.  He has helped me a different side of myself through him.  He is one of the sweetest, most romantic, and loving  man I have ever been with.  He has become one of my best friend.  The ying to my yang, the jelly to my peanut butter, fire to my flame, and all that jazz.   Love you babes. XOXO

All these relationships have their ups and down.  Sometimes we don't agree to disagree.  Sometimes the ugly wins.  But through communication, listening, and understanding relationships withstands all the odds.  Tell the people you love, you love them, as much as you can, anyway you can.  Life is short and you never know what tomorrow might bring, so enjoy today, live for today.  

To the people in my life near and far thank you! You are loved, appreciated, and you have made an impact in my life and, for that I thank you.  XOXO



Paola

Comments

  1. Hello,

    Thanks for sharing this post, I see that family relationships are important to you, I feel the same as well. I am glad that you and your mother relationship has prosper, its nothing like the relationship with your mother. One comment you made really caught my attention, life is too short and you never know what tomorrow may bring, this is why I try to stay in touch with family and friends, because we don't know if this will be our last day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment